Paleo Pizza, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, EASY and Delicious

Paleo Pizza, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, EASY and Deliciousby paleomazing

Cook/Baker:

I know this recipe has a loaded title. It is the best darn pizza I have had in years and I have had a real yearning for a real LOADED totally paleo pizza. I mean, with the works. I love protein so this was going to be extremely creative. I wanted one that was gluten free with no dairy at all, and I was getting tired of nut flours in so many recipes I was working on lately. Oh, and a major must was I wanted intense and varied flavors in each and every bite. This was my challenge.

Ingredients

  • CRUST
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • ½- 1tsp salt
  • 1 Grade A large egg ( room temp)
  • Healthy fat ( butter, lard, etc)
  • THIS PIZZA TOPPING:
  • My sauce was hot and ready on the stove.
  • I either make my own form fresh tomatoes, some paste a tad of honey and spices or buy a jar that is Paleo friendly and loaded with healthy ingredients
  • I precut and premade:
  • Hormone-free pepperoni
  • Hormone-free Canadian bacon ( sautéed)
  • Homemade chicken sausage
  • Prosciutto (fried lightly in a pan)
  • Black olives- cut
  • Oregano- dried


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven at 350
  2. Grease a large cookie sheet or large pyrex dish with butter.
  3. Place parchment paper on top of greased up pan.
  4. Now grease the top of your paper- it will be a greasy top.
  5. Clean your cauliflower.
  6. Drain and make sure it is not wet.
  7. Shred by hand in your grater or pulse it in your food processor- I did both ways to test both ways out.
  8. If you pulse in your food processor you wants very small pieces throughout and consistent, size of rice.
  9. You want 4 full cups of cauliflower for this recipe.
  10. OPTION:
  11. Boil some water with a steamer basket and steam your cauliflower “rice” high above the water about 4-5 minutes until done- not mushy though. Strain and let cool and press out any addtl. liquid.
  12. OR- place in a pyrex ( no water added!) and microwave for 30-1minute. Depends on your microwave.
  13. Let cool, strain out any extra liquid if any. There is much less with the microwave technique.
  14. Mix your cauliflower with the egg, and spices and salt.
  15. Place 1-2 heaping balls of your mixture on your parchment paper- depends on if you want 1 or 2 pizzas.
  16. Press out by hand and mold your pizza around ¼ “ thick.
  17. Make a slight “lip” around the edge to hold your filling in if you’d like.
  18. Bake approximately 35-45 minutes.
  19. When done flip over another 3-5 minutes to form the crust even more since there is no “dairy” holding this firmly together.
  20. I found the discrepancy on baking time really depends on your oven and how wet your cauliflower is when you mix it.
  21. Remove from oven.
  22. Place on a race to allow ventilation and some air on all sides.
  23. Add your sauce and toppings.
  24. Placed the sauce on the pizza and spread it out fairly thin. This would be up to you but I do not like tons of sauce.
  25. Added as much protein and toppings as you would like.
  26. Place back in oven about 4-6 minutes.
  27. Take out of oven and serve as is or serve individual slices.
  28. Enjoy! ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment